geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 14:13:06 -0300

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, i've just pushed a patch that lets you ,enter submodules:
>
>       racket@> ,enter (submod "submod.rkt" bar)
>       address@hidden/bar> quux
>       2
>       address@hidden/bar> ,enter "submod.rkt"
>       address@hidden> quux
>       4
>       address@hidden>
>
> That's not yet good enough regarding submodules, because what should
> happen now is that evaluations in a Racket buffer are also aware of the
> submodule where they're performed (right now, they use the top level
> module).
>
> Working on it...

Oh, nice.

Thank you for your work.

I was thinking about how C-c C-a should operate too.

Maybe with point inside a submodule, C-c C-a should enter this
submodule, instead of the file module.  But I don't know if this might
end up being too surprising for a user or if even if one uses
submodules, normally you want to enter the file, so you have to
constantly move the point off any submodule.