geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] geiser-xref-callers does not seem to work

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] geiser-xref-callers does not seem to work
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 23:47:14 -0800

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> It appears to be a Geiser problem and not a Guile problem:
>
>     address@hidden:~/src/guix$ ./pre-inst-env guile
>     GNU Guile 2.2.2
>     Copyright (C) 1995-2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
>     Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
>     This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
>     under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.
>
>     Enter `,help' for help.
>     scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (gnu system vm))
>     scheme@(guile-user)> expression->derivation-in-linux-vm
>     $1 = #<procedure expression->derivation-in-linux-vm (name exp
> #:key system linux initrd qemu env-vars guile-for-build
> single-file-output? make-disk-image? references-graphs memory-size
> disk-image-format disk-image-size)>
>     scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (system xref))
>     scheme@(guile-user)> (procedure-callers $1)
>     ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
>     ERROR: expected a variable, symbol, or (modname . sym) #<procedure
> expression->derivation-in-linux-vm (name exp #:key system linux initrd
> qemu env-vars guile-for-build single-file-output? make-disk-image?
> references-graphs memory-size disk-image-format disk-image-size)>
>
>     Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to continue.
>     scheme@(guile-user) [1]> ,q
>     scheme@(guile-user)> (procedure-callers '((gnu system vm) .
> expression->derivation-in-linux-vm))
>     $2 = (((gnu system vm) #<procedure qemu-image (#:key name system
> qemu disk-image-size disk-image-format file-system-type
> file-system-label file-system-uuid os-drv bootcfg-drv bootloader
> register-closures? inputs copy-inputs?)> #<procedure iso9660-image
> (#:key name file-system-label file-system-uuid system qemu os-drv
> bootcfg-drv bootloader register-closures? inputs)>))
>
> I assume your Scheme files are indeed compiled?

Yes, I double-checked: even when the files are compiled, it doesn't seem
to work for me.

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:

> For geiser's functionality to be active, the module's has to be loaded in
> the running guile session.  Opening the file or switching to the module
> without evaluation won't make available any of its definitions to the
> running process.  Have you tried compiling/loading the module? A quick
> way of accomplishing that is with C-c C-k when you're in vm.scm.

Since the files are already compiled, is this necessary?  Either way, I
tried running C-c C-k (which is bound to geiser-compile-current-buffer),
and the problem still occurred.

Is this feature working for anyone else?

--
Chris