Re: [Getfem-users] Incoorperating the material property matrix into getf

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Incoorperating the material property matrix into getfem++ ?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:04:35 +0200

> Hello,
>
> If I want to use other forms of  material property matrix instead of
> isotropic linear elasticity matrix, how can I do it? Is there any methods
> in getfem++ to deal with it? Say, if I want to use anisotropic material
> property matrix.
>
> Thank you very much.

The following function in getfem_assembling.h

asm_stiffness_matrix_for_vector_elliptic
 (MAT &M, const mesh_im &mim, const mesh_fem &mf, const mesh_fem &mf_data,
   const VECT &A, const mesh_region &rg = mesh_region::all_convexes())

do assemble an arbitrary vector elliptic problem with a given order four
tensor A. this is very general and thus not optimal if the elastic law can
be described in a more simple manner than the whole order four elastic
tensor (as for orthotropic laws for instance).

The corresponding model brick has not been built, but is very simple to do
adapting the one for isotropic elasticity.

Yves.

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.80.11
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA de Lyon          fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29
  Institut Camille Jordan - CNRS UMR 5208
  20, rue Albert Einstein
  69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, FRANCE
  http://math.univ-lyon1.fr/~renard