[Getfem-users] Benchmark

From: Michael Lehn
Subject: [Getfem-users] Benchmark
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:17:14 +0100

Hi,

I am currently preparing a benchmark for comparing FLENS with Gmm++.

As a first example I would like to compare
1) initializing a sparse matrix
2) computing the residual (where vectors are dense)

I already started to compare FLENS with uBLAS. In a first test the matrix was initialized row-wise:

        http://flens.sourceforge.net/session2/tut6.html

in a second test row and column indices were chosen randomly:

        http://flens.sourceforge.net/session2/tut7.html

I attached a first version for a benchmark test case (were the matrix gets initialized row-wise). In a first test the results were not so good. So maybe you can give me a hint how to improve the code in order to
get a fair comparison.  As compiler-flags I used

g++ -DNDEBUG -ftemplate-depth-50 -funroll-loops -O3 -Wall -I/cluster/ include -I . -o ex_residual ex_residual.cc

I will perform the benchmarks on a Linux System with Opteron processors (see above links).

Thanks,

Michael