Re: [Getfem-users] Unable to import gmsh mesh in getfem-matlab interface

From: Arvind Ajoy
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Unable to import gmsh mesh in getfem-matlab interface
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:24:31 +0530

Dear Igor
Thank you for your prompt reply. As per Janas Sébastien's  suggestion, I used 'gmshv2' instead of 'gmsh'. It worked.
Best Regards
Arvind

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Igor Peterlik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Arvind,

I got a similar error when importing GMesh files into GetFEM (it was C++ implementation, but I think
this problem does not depend on Matlab interface). So what I did was I saved the mesh in GMesh
program as   "Version 1.0"   (you have to use Save As and after specifying file name, a small dialog should
appear asking for a version of Mesh). Currently, version 2.0 is default. So try to save it in Version 1.0 format
and import it into GetFEM.
This worked for me....

                                      Best wishes

                                                 Igor
Hi Everyone

I intend to solve the Poisson-Boltzmann equations inside a MOSFET in 3D. To begin with, I have considered a 2D case.
I wish to import the mesh created using Gmsh using the matlab interface of getfem. I have attached the geo file, and the mesh for your reference.

I use Matlab 7.4, with getfem++-3.0.4, compile using gcc-4.1. I was able to run all the examples, and all the check passed.

However, when I issue the command
M = gf_mesh('import','gmsh','path_to_ mos1.msh')
I get the following error.

logic_error exception caught
??? Error in getfem_import.cc, line 516 :
error while importing gmsh mesh file "/D/mos1.msh" : basic_ios::clear

Error in ==> gf_mesh at 76
   [varargout{1:nargout}]=gf_matlab('mesh',varargin{:});

In addition, when I open matlab, I see the following warning

Warning: Function /usr/local/matlab/toolbox/getfem/private/assert.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.

I dont have the expertise to write my entire code in C++ . I am unable to figure out what the error is. Could someone  please help me? Does anyone have an example using a gmsh mesh in the matlab interface?

Look forward to your replies.

Regards
Arvind

PhD Student, Electrical Engineering