Re: [Getfem-users] Boundary problems

From: Renard Yves
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Boundary problems
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:37:45 +0200

Mattia Assanelli <address@hidden> a écrit :

Good morning everybody
I succeded in solving my "generic elliptic" problem, but I still have
some troubles analyzing data:
- I noticed that on the boundary the value imposed by a Dirichlet
condition ins't respected by the solution...

Well ! If you use a multiplier having a lower degree than the main unknow you can have a little difference since the Dirichlet condition is prescribed in a weak sense. But if the multiplier is string enough the Dirichlet condition will be exact.

- I also tryed to calculate the flux through the contact...is there a
simple alternative to manually integrate the gradient on the boundary
surface?

To integrate the gradient on the boundary is not a good idea. Theoretically, you are not garanted that this value converges toward what you want. It is strongly better to integrate the multiplier ensuring the contact condition.

Yves.

----- Fin du message transféré -----