[Getfem-users] different mesh_fem definitions for different regions

From: Umut Tabak
Subject: [Getfem-users] different mesh_fem definitions for different regions
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:21:35 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to form the system matrices for an interior vibro-acoustic problem where some fluid domain is coupled to a structural domain. So I have two domains with two different mesh structure(well not really actually, they both have hexa linear elements but the properties are of course different). I am using gmsh extensively for my pre-processing operations, where I can import the region information directly. The above mentioned domains are defined as different domains, with physical region definitions in the geo file of Gmsh. My question is, how can I assign different mesh_fem objects to different regions for the above defined mesh. And use this info to form my system matrices in getfem++?

I checked the manual there is a partial_mesh_fem object, which is designed for the above tasks, I suppose, it is not clear to me how to use this object, if it is the right one.

Could some provide pointers for this?

Best regards,

Umut