Re: [Getfem-users] nonlinear brick

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] nonlinear brick
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 01:12:57 +0100

Dear Yves,

> Your term
>  double a = vecl[0][0];
> cannot be correct. vecl is to be filled by  asm_real_tangent_terms. It is
> initialized with 0.
Thank you a lot.
This is the point I was looking for. With your remark I was able to
write  a code which solves the equation a*x^2+b*x+c = 0.
When I clean it a bit I will post it to the list.

Writing such program may seem strange at first, but for me such program
gives the opportunity to play with some of GetFEM++ concepts without the
whole baggage of FEM. What is really appealing to me is explicit or
almost explicit representation of mathematical model in GetFEM.

This "explicitness" manifests itself  for instance in the possibility
to enhance bricks and the model classes so they could generate a LaTeX
math expressions for the variational form.

Regards,

Roman