Re: [Getfem-users] Hermite element implementation doubts

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Hermite element implementation doubts
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 10:01:46 +0200

Dear Roman,

The fact that the gradient is not necessarily the same at the two different
points comes from the fact that an arbitrary geometric transformation can be
applied, including a nonlinear one.

But you are right, it should be gmm::mat_col(K,0) instead of gmm::mat_row(K,0)
in the second expression. This means that the element has only been tested in
dimension 1 ...

And you are also right, the signum function is here to give a unique
orientation of the "tangent" derivative between two elements.

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA-Lyon             fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------