[Getfem-users] Problem using getfem::import_mesh in 64bit (2nd part)

From: Jaime Armendáriz Villalba
Subject: [Getfem-users] Problem using getfem::import_mesh in 64bit (2nd part)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:14:09 +0200

Hello again

I kept digging why it is failing in 64 bit, and after a bit of debugging, I found that it fails reading this in the mesh file:

$Elements
695
1 15 3 0 1 0 1
2 15 3 0 2 0 2
3 15 3 0 3 0 3
4 15 3 0 4 0 4
5 15 3 0 5 0 5
6 15 3 0 6 0 6
7 15 3 0 7 0 7
8 15 3 0 8 0 8
9 1 3 0 1 0 1 2 <---- The first element of this type fails.
10 1 3 0 2 0 2 9
11 1 3 0 2 0 9 10
12 1 3 0 2 0 10 11
13 1 3 0 2 0 11 12

It fails when calling to pgt = bgeot::simplex_geotrans(1,1);
in line 41 of getfem_import.cc

This is a bit weird because it is not failing on 32bit on windows.
I can provide the configure output (I will attach it to this email) and any other thing that you consider necessary.

Can I do any other thing to be able to detect the reason of the failure?

Thank you in advance, jaime

Jaime Armendariz Villalba