Re: [Getfem-users] GMM++ Preconditioner

From: Renard Yves
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] GMM++ Preconditioner
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:09:20 +0200

Dear Danesh,

The template argument for the preconditionner is the matrix type. So you should declare

gmm::dense_matrix<double> A(100, 100);

filling the matrix

gmm::ilu_precond<gmm::dense_matrix<double> > P1(A);

Of course, this is not very satisfactory because an incomplete LU decomposition on a dense matrix is a complete LU decomposition. You should work with sparse matrices instead.

You can see on the following page of the documentation how to declare each preconditionner :

http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/gmm/iter.html#preconditioners

Yves.

Danesh Daroui <address@hidden> a écrit :

Dear all,

I would like to use GMM++ iterative solvers. The problem is that I can
not use for example incomplete LU factorization preconditioner. Let say
that I have the equation Ax=b. The I define the preconditioner as:

gmm::dense_matrix<double> A(100, 100);

// filling the matrix

gmm::ilu_precond<double> P1(A);

but I get compilation errors. It just compiled successfullt when I define:

gmm::ilu_precond<double> P1;

but there is no hint and neither sample code to show which function should I call to create the preconditioner.

Can anybody help?

Regards,

D.