Re: [Getfem-users] Update mesh_fems after mesh change

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Update mesh_fems after mesh change
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:28:04 +0200

On mardi 9 août 2011, Roland Stoffel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> i use the method 'Bank_refine' to refine adaptively my mesh. After that
> the mesh_fems and other method doesn't fit anymore with the mesh. So,
> how can i easily update my mesh_fems, mesh_im, models and everything
> else after the change of the mesh?
>
> Thank you
> Roland Stoffel

Dear Roland,

There is some basic automatic adaptation of mesh_fem and mesh_im objects to
the refinement.

If the mesh fem has been initialized with a global method such as

mesh_fem::set_finite_element(pfem ppf)

or

mesh_fem::set_classical_finite_element(dim_type fem_degree)

then the corresponding finite element will be set to all new elements.

It is also possible to directly call the method

void mesh_fem::set_auto_add(pfem pf)

to specify the finite element for the new elements.

If you need something more adapted, you have to detect the newly created
elements and set the finite element method.

The operations are similar for mesh_im objects.

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA-Lyon             fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------