[Getfem-users] User defined basis functions

From: Tore G. Halvorsen
Subject: [Getfem-users] User defined basis functions
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:11:22 +0200

Hello!

I am going to implement a convection-diffusion equation, and I am considering using getfem++ with a python interface. The catch is that we are going to upwind the test-space, hence we need to be able to define the basis functions in the test space according to the upwinding. These are not standard basis functions, but rather linear combinations of basis functions on a finer mesh.

So, is it possible to user define the basis functions given a mesh and degrees-of-freedom?

Best regards
Tore G. Halvorsen