[Getfem-users] elastostatic example error evaluation

From: Wen Jiang
Subject: [Getfem-users] elastostatic example error evaluation
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 11:34:26 -0400

Hi,

I am testing the elastostatic example in the test folder. I have a question about the error evaluation (L2 and H1). The way how the error is evaluated in the code is firstly to get the error only at the node and then to interpolate the node error and assemble. I do not think this is the general way that the error should be evaluated since the exact solution cannot be interpolated by the shape function for general cases. In the code, the l2 and h1 errors are just machine error when only 1by1 element is used. And this is because the error at the node is zero and the error interpolated within element is identical zero.

Thus, I am wondering whether getfem++ provide any other method to calculate the errors in a better way, meaning that the exact solution is evaluated at each gaussian point instead of interpolating by the node value.

Also I would like to know that whether the energy norm for elasticity problem has been implemented  yet.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Wen