Re: [Getfem-users] Level set

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Level set
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:51:13 +0100

Dear Irene,

I understand that the surface of the sphere is not conforming to the mesh of the cube, right?
So you want to impose no-slip boundary conditions through the mesh of the cube.
I know two ways to do it.
 One through pure fictitious domain method, and the other through fictitious domain method with XFem.
For the second you can look into implementation of contrib/xfem_contact/xfem_dirichlet.cc
(you can find it in your Getfem installation).
Pure fictitious domain method (with LS integration, as you mentioned it) is described in detail in:
Legay A, Chessa J, Belytschko T. An Eulerian–Lagrangian method for fluid structure interaction based on level sets.
Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 2006; 195(17–18):2070–2087.
It's also possible to implement it in Getfem as well. A similar Level set based fictitious domain contact algorithm exists in Getfem and you can see the example of it usage in contrib/level_set_contact (it has a reference to the corresponding article inside)

Regarding the post-processing, I think you should use the technique of slices, as it's used in XFem examples of Getfem (although I've never used it myself).

Best regards,
                       Andriy