Re: [Getfem-users] linear elasticity assembly

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] linear elasticity assembly
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 15:58:21 +0200

Dear Wen,

The most easier now is to use the high-level assembly but this require to download the svn version of Getfem.
If you can express your computation of the elasticity tensor with standard operations, this would be quite easy (you can see some examples of _expression_ in the test program interface/tests/matlab/demo_nonlinear_elasticity.m). Otherwise, you may have to write the nonlinear operator that make this computation and at least its first derivative. (The nonlinear terms of the old generic assembly are quite difficutl to define, I do not recommend to use them now that the high-level assembly is working satisfactorily).

Regards,

Yves.