[Getfem-users] Plasticity in GetFEM

From: Vitalii Vorkov
Subject: [Getfem-users] Plasticity in GetFEM
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 11:08:41 +0000

Dear colleagues,

First of all thank you for your effort for creating GetFEM.

I’m working on the simulations of the air bending process with big radii. It's great that the plasticity feature is implemented in current version of GetFEM, however it exists in quite limited way. As far as I understood currently only perfect elasto-plasticity problem is possible to implement, thus there is no work hardening implemented.

With regards to plasticity I have some questions:

Do you have any plans for adding more complicated plasticity features in your libraries, for instance isotropic hardening?

Do you know any similar to GetFEM libraries which have already implemented plasticity features suitable for bending? Similar in terms of license and possibilities to write missing features by yourself.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kind regards,lijn

KU Leuven

Vitalii Vorkov
Research Engineer

Department of Mechanical Engineering | PMA
Celestijnenlaan 300 – office 01.030 – BOX 2420
| 3001 Heverlee (Leuven) | Belgium
Tel. + 32 (0)16 37 28 77
| address@hidden |www.mech.kuleuven.be

lijn