Re: [Getfem-users] Conductivity values definition - Getfem / python

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Conductivity values definition - Getfem / python
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:29:40 +0100

Dear Cristian,

You have several possibilities to define a coefficient whose value is different from a mesh region to another. If it is piecewise constant you can describe it on a P0 finite element method then you can obtain the degrees of freedom of a particular region with mf.basic_dof_on_region(rg).
With the high level generic assembly, you can define a non-constant coefficient in a more general way by it _expression_ with respect to X, the current position on the mesh (for instance sin(X[1]) + cos(X[2]) is valid).

I hope it could help you.

Yves.