Re: [Getfem-users] GetFEM and MPI

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] GetFEM and MPI
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 09:20:52 +0100

Dear Torquil

Regarding your first question you can also check the implementation of the method get_averaged_sigmas in getfem_plasticity.cc.

Best regards
Kostas

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Yves Renard <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Torquil,

Concerning Q1, its depend on which interpolation you use. The interpolation of the high generic assembly language perform a MPI_SUM_VECTOR(result)
and divide the components for dof which are on multiple mpi regions so that the result is the same on each rank. It is recommended to use
this interpolation instead of the old one for which the result remains distributed, yes. There is no specific function. You can use
MPI_SUM_VECTOR(result) but you have to also sum a integer vector denoting the nonzero components on each rank in order to divide the multiple
computed dofs if you want to use the same strategy than the one used in the interpolation of the high generic assembly language.

Q2 : No this is no supported by Getfem. Moreover, I do  not see how it is possible in 2D and 3D for the dof that are shared with several regions ...

Best regards,

Yves.