[Getfem-users] Install GetFEM++

From: Dinh Anh Thi
Subject: [Getfem-users] Install GetFEM++
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 16:46:54 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have a big trouble on installing GetFEM++ on my macbook pro (macos 10.12.2). The same problem when I do it on Windows 10 (and 7). I have read carefully the installation guide on the getfem's homepage but it seems to be a little complicated for me.

1. Can anyone tell me a simpler guide to install getfem++ on Mac and Windows (step by step)? Especially with matlab interface. I am using matlab 2016a.

2. I cannot distinguish "install from source" and "matlab toolbox". If I install getfem++ from source with option "--enable-matlab", why I do need the getfem matlab toolbox (which is installed from matlab)?

3. On Debian/Ubuntu, I can install getfem package easily from software manager. After installing, I don't know how to link with matlab interface?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

---
DINH Anh-Thi