[Getfem-users] mesh_deformation

From: Zhenghuai Guo
Subject: [Getfem-users] mesh_deformation
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 11:33:17 +0000

Dear Sir or Madam,

Could you please advise how I and deform a mesh according to a displacement field?

I am trying to simulate a time dependent deformation of a cylinder like object using python-interface. After applying stress the object creeps with time.

I think I can just go with many small time steps. In each time step, I would like to update and deform the mesh according to the displacement calculated as a function of time. And the deformed mesh will be an input for next time step.

I can see there is some related information such as (1) ‘getfem_deformable_mesh.h’ in page 18 in https://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/getfem/doc/getfem_project.pdf  (2) ‘getfem::slicer_apply_deformation’ in http://getfem.org/userdoc/export.html#getfem::slicer_apply_deformation . But I can find details examples.

Thank you very much

Zhenghuai Guo

Tyree Xray CT network facility, School of Minerals and Energy Engineering Resources, UNSW Sydney