ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_getfem'

From: Marcelo Frydman
Subject: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_getfem'
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:57:21 +0000

Dear GetFem users,

I have just installed Getfem on Windows (Msys). I have followed the instructions on: http://getfem.org/install/install_windows.html

The compilation process was working fine, without major issue. I ran “make check” before building the Pyhton interface, and got a positive message:

Testsuite summary for getfem 5.4.1

# TOTAL: 41

# PASS:  41

# SKIP:  0

# XFAIL: 0

# FAIL:  0

# XPASS: 0

# ERROR: 0

However, Python interface is not working. I ran “make check” for the Pyhton examples:

FAIL: check_export.py

FAIL: check_global_functions.py

FAIL: check_asm.py

FAIL: check_secondary_domain.py

FAIL: check_mixed_mesh.py

FAIL: demo_wave.py

FAIL: demo_wave_equation.py

FAIL: demo_laplacian.py

FAIL: demo_laplacian_HHO.py

FAIL: demo_elasticity_HHO.py

FAIL: demo_thermo_elasticity_electrical_coupling.py

FAIL: check_levelset.py

Testsuite summary for getfem 5.4.1

# TOTAL: 12

# PASS:  0

# SKIP:  0

# XFAIL: 0

# FAIL:  12

# XPASS: 0

# ERROR: 0

See interface/tests/python/test-suite.log

I tried to run one of the examples in Spyder, and got the following error:

Python 3.8.10 (default, May 19 2021, 13:12:57) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)]

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\msys64\home\m.frydman\getfem\interface\src\python\getfem.py", line 45, in <module>

    from ._getfem import *

ImportError: attempted relative import with no known parent package

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\msys64\home\m.frydman\getfem\interface\src\python\getfem.py", line 47, in <module>

    from _getfem import *

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_getfem'

Looking forward to start having fun with GetFem.

Thanks,

Marcelo