Surface integration

From: Lorenzo Ferro
Subject: Surface integration
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 18:13:41 +0200

Dear All,

I tried to calculate the electrical flow through a mesh region,
like \int_{\Gamma} F(x)\cdot n\ d\sigma.
After some trials I found a working way by means of "gf.asm_generic", see the code here below:

Electrical _current = gf.asm_generic(mim, 0, '-sigma*Grad_V.Normal', MeshRegion, 'V', 1, mf, dataV)

Question_1: is this method correct or is there any other way to perform this kind of calculation?

Then, since it is a calculation performed on a Dirichlet region, I wanted to do the same calculation integrating the Lagrange multiplier. I tried the same technique but the result of the integration is NaN, probably because the multiplier variable has less DOF than MeshFem.

Question_2: How can I perform this integration?

Thank you in advance.
Lorenzo