gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-317 ] CVSWeb built in GForge

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-317 ] CVSWeb built in GForge
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:29:46 -0500

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106&aid=317&group_id=1

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
hello!

I have developed a web interface for CVS in PHP that
is integrated in my GForge web site. Since I already
had some CVS projects in /cvsroot I created a table
called group_cvsroot that contains 3 colomns:
   group_cvsroot_id Serial, Primary Key
   group_id INT4
   cvsroot_dir VARCHAR(255)
This is the SQL:

CREATE TABLE public.group_cvsroot (
  groups_cvsroot_id int4 DEFAULT nextval
('public.groups_cvsroot_groups_cvsroot_id_seq'::text)
NOT NULL,
  group_id int4 DEFAULT 1 NOT NULL,
  cvsroot_dir varchar(255),
  CONSTRAINT groups_cvsroot_pkey PRIMARY KEY
(groups_cvsroot_id)
) WITH OIDS;

By adding this table I use GForge to browse already
existing projects in /cvsroot

This is what you need to do to install this feature in
GForge:
a. modify local.inc by adding:
   $sys_cvsroot_dir="--what ever CVSROOT dir is;
e.g /cvsroot, /usr/local/cvs ..."
b. copy cvsweb directory in GFORGE_DIR/common/include
c. copy scm contents inside your GFORGE_DIR/www/scm
(!!! make a copy of existing index.php inside your scm
directory !!!)
d. add a record inside group_cvsroot directory that
contains the following:
     - group_id is the group_id from groups table
     - cvsroot_dir is the name of directory inside
$sys_cvsroot_dir that coresponds to your project
(referenced by group_id)
e. copy Group.class in GFORGE_DIR/common/include (!!!
make a copy of existing Group.class inside
GFORGE_DIR/common/include directory)
f. install rcs binaries (rlog especially)

now you should be able to open cvsroot_dir from
$sys_cvsroot_dir.

One more thing: I have limited acces to this interface
by checking whether there is a user logged in and this
user is a Developer or Project Manager for the group.

If you like it let me know: address@hidden
or address@hidden

Please notice that this CVS web interface is the
beggining. more features will be added in time.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Dragos Moinescu