gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Feature Requests-313 ] Last Comment or 'persona

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Feature Requests-313 ] Last Comment or 'personal close'
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:34:19 -0500

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=119&aid=313&group_id=1

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
As-is, I find gforge particularly confusing.

In our workplace installation, I'll have 30
bugfixes/featurerequests or more assigned to me over
the course of a project.

I will complete what I need to, but the items will stay
open until the project manager closes them

which means item after item piles up

i can't tell what i have responded to, what i haven't

what i would like to see is this:

a) a 'last comment' field when viewing a list of open
items, showing who was the last person to contribute to
this.  if i see my name there, i'll know not to click
on it.

b) the ability to 'close' an item personally.  it will
not appear on a list of bugs or screens otherwise
unless a new comment is made to it or otherwise
updated.  the task is still 'open' to the community
assigned to it, but I wont have to deal with it on my
screen unless its actually active.   In the current
system, a bug i fix keeps showing up on my screen for
days until the project manager closes it.  i know its
fixed - i shouldn't have to wait for them, and should
it not be fixed, any comment they leave on it makes it
re-appear on my screen.