gforth

Re: [gforth] Socket code

From: John Chludzinski
Subject: Re: [gforth] Socket code
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 19:45:45 -0500

Went to GitHub and cloned the gforth repository. Looked at INSTALL and found what I expected:

1) ./configure
2) make
3) make install

Problem is there is no configure file.

---John

On 2015-12-22 12:19, Anton Ertl wrote:
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:24:19PM -0500, John Chludzinski wrote:
As a gforth newbie I went online and downloaded sock.fs and tcpserver.fs
from GitHub. Tried putting the shabang: #! /usr/bin/gforth in the file
and ruuning it. I have an x86-64 box running Fedora 23.

For socket.fs I got:

sh: --silent: command not found

in file included from *OS command line*:-1
socket.fs:47: libtool compile failed

Looks like the word LIBTOOL-COMMAND contains an empty string (you can
confirm this by SEEing this word).  My guess is that Fedora configured
Gforth without libtool being present.

Workaround: Install libtool and install Gforth from the tarball (or,
if you are adventurous, from the git repository).

- anton