gforth

Gforth git-master swig dependency

From: David Kuehling
Subject: Gforth git-master swig dependency
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 11:07:18 +0200

Hi,

I just re-installed Gforth from latest git.  Trying to run some Minos2
code that relies on the opengl library bindings gives me an error:

$ gforth minos2/md-test.fs
[..]
/usr/local/share/gforth/0.7.9_20200813/unix/opengles.fs:27:13: error: No such
file or directory
    include >>>unix/gles.fs<<<

It does seem that Gforth nowadays depends on Swig to create (some of?)
its C-library bindings.  I do have Swig installed, though Gforth
configure script seems to require a Swig version with "-forth" support:

  *** Config summary: Warnings exist ***

  Swig without -forth feature.

So here I'm somewhat stuck.  Google doesn't turn up any usable
information about how to get a forth-enabled Swig.

Any pointers to more information, also WRT other not-yet-encountered
build dependencies for Minos2 would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

David