gforth

Re: turn off history

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: turn off history
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:57:13 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 20:27:45 CEST schrieb Tomas Hlavaty:
> I do not understand why setting bootmessage to noop from inside the
> script turns the bootmessage off but setting 'cold to noop from inside
> the script does not turn the history off.  Probably because it is
> already too late for the history?

Yes, 'cold did already run.

I think putting the history initialization into bootmessage instead is the
right place.

The other thing that is difficult to turn off is the loading of ~/.config/
gforthrc0.  This can be controlled with a shell variable, but e.g. if you have
your sever script using #! <path to gforth>, you can't turn off this
environment variable, because only one extra argument is allowed, so

#! /usr/bin/env GFORTH_ENV=off <path to gforth>

is not valid.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*