gforth

Gforth not working in android 12 onward because of google changes

From: Juraj B
Subject: Gforth not working in android 12 onward because of google changes
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 07:18:08 +0200

Hello!

I have tried installing gforth from the play store onto my tablet which is
currently running android 12.
It worked as expected except for one thing: I tried to edit the .options
file. I couldn't find it. My guess is that it's somewhere in Android/data,
which has been made impossible to edit from within android, the only way to
access it is from a computer, but since I have a samsung tablet, I can't do
that in linux, it is only possible with windows. Besides that, even if I
didn't have this problem, I'd still like to be able to start forth with the
options that I want without an external device. I was also unable to start
any of the examples as I couldn't locate them (again, my hunch is that
they're somewhere in Android/data). It would be nice to move those files
somewhere outside that folder, where they can be accessed by external apps,
such as file managers and text editors.

Kind regards,
Juraj