Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Go

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:43:07 +0000

At Sat, 01 Nov 2008 09:44:06 +0100,
Henrik Sandklef wrote:

> I think most of the organisation of the GHM can be done at the same time
> as FSCONS planning so I am not worried about the planning of venue, food
> and stuff.
>
> But when it comes to planning invitations, possible reimbursements for
> travels etc for the guests of ghm, and all that we all need to start
> asap. I agree to that. Perhaps start by defining what we expect from the
> meeting ...

I see the main goal of the GHM as community-building among GNU
maintainers/contributors. I'd like to have people talking to each
other as much as possible and keeping in communication after the
event.  It's good to have talks, but not just talks. (Implicitly, it's
about shifting our thinking towards the GNU system from individual
packages.)

I think we could realistically aim for 30 GNU hackers attending,
versus about 20 last time.  We had 2 days, but the feedback was that a
longer meeting would be good, maybe 3 or 4 days in addition to FSCONS.

--
Brian Gough