Re: [Ghm-discuss] The Ultimate Emacs Course

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The Ultimate Emacs Course
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:12:41 +0100

Looks nice.

jemarch, some comments about the course:
I (emacs users for years) often get the question from 'my' students what IDE I would chose if I was to start programming today. This is an interesting question, which I don't really know the answer to. Even though I tell the students that Emacs can do quite a lot more than to program C in, I think the question is valid.

As a consequence of that I think an interesting aspect of your course, given that you have plenty of time (5 days), could be to compare Emacs to newer IDEs. As an example I find the refactoring features in Eclipse very useful (given a VCS that can deal with renaming files and dirs for this is very*2 useful).

... just my two cents, throw 'em away if you wanna

/hesa

address@hidden wrote:
Hi, I know that it is not related to the GHM but in some way there will be
several GNU Hackers attending this event.

"The Ultimate Emacs Course" (http://edu.gulo.org), the local organization
is made by GULO and GNU Spain. The speaker is Jose E. Marchesi. Moreover
rms will be at Ourense giving an speech (in Spanish) along the course (day
and hour to be scheduled).

Perhaps somebody is interested.

Best regards,
Juan.