[Ghm-discuss] Paris Observatory visit: Thursday 25th 17h/18h

From: Alain Coulais
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] Paris Observatory visit: Thursday 25th 17h/18h
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:45:22 +0200

Thanks for all the messages I received.

After exchanges with Ludo C. and the person giving the keys,
the best possible shedule is : Thursday 25th around 18h.
(much more difficult during WE).

I suggest we leave together at ~17h30 from IRILL
and we have a *last* Rendez-Vous at one of the gates of the Observatory
(take care, not the main one : this one at 77, avenue Denfert Rochereau) at
18h00.
We can walk or take the Metro (4 stations, line 6).

We need about 1 hour to make the visit.
In any case, we must have finished before 19h30.
And you will be on time for the restaurant ;-)

Paris Observatory is not far from Place d'Italie
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?mlat=48.836478&mlon=2.336524&zoom=15&layers=M
If the weather is good, can be nice to walk.
If bad weather (rain), take a unbrella !
We will have to walk outside !

I don't really need you confirm to me your attend.
Yes, you can come with one another person (e.g. wife/GF !).
It is free.

see you soon,

Alain.

PS: don't hesitate to write me in private if somethings is not clear.

PS: please contact me if wheelchair or problem to walk or
to climb big steps. Quite impossible for wheelchair,
old historical building. No elevator. Sorry.

--
Alain Coulais, PhD http://aramis.obspm.fr/~coulais/
LERMA CNRS et Observatoire de Paris