Re: [Ghm-discuss] FSFE’s contribution to the “Horizon 2020” EU research

From: Karsten Gerloff
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] FSFE’s contribution to the “Horizon 2020” EU research program
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 16:06:39 +0100

Hi Reuben,

sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 02:37:01PM +0100, Reuben Thomas wrote:
>  I started off by making some comments and ended up with a full-scale edit.
> I attach before and after text versions so you can see the differences.

This does indeed read quite a bit nicer. Thanks a lot!

However, the version on the website is the actual text we've sent to the
EC. So I'd prefer to leave that version up as a record.

However, on fsfe.org there are plenty of texts that could do with
a review by a native English speaker. Most of our English stuff is
written by non-natives, and sometimes it shows.

So you (and everyone else here) is welcome to make improvements to
the pages, or to translate them. Our info page for translators

        http://fsfe.org/contribute/translators/translators.en.html

and the web-specific page

        http://fsfe.org/contribute/translators/web.en.html

describe how you can make your changes directly in a page's
source code, so we can upload them more quickly. (Basically, every
page on fsfe.org has a "download source" link at the bottom. You
modify it and mail it to us. That's all there is to it.)

Thanks & best,
Karsten

--
Karsten Gerloff                      [ ]   <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation Europe   [ ][ ][ ]      [http://fsfe.org]

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).