[Ghm-discuss] Let's make it official: choose the date

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] Let's make it official: choose the date
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 16:08:45 +0200

Hello people.

I've spoken with Sylvestre Ledru, who has reserved the same large room
we used in 2011, plus another which might be useful for informal
meeting, from Thursday August 22th to Sunday August 25th.

Four days seem a little long to me, but we could maybe say that the
venue is available for informal hacking sessions on Thursday and Sunday,
while the "official" talks happen on Friday and Saturday.  Or shall we
make it Saturday and Sunday morning?  People who have to work on Monday
will want to travel on Sunday, so at least Sunday afternoon should be
free from talks in my opinion.

What do you think?  Let's make this official as soon as possible.

In the mean time I've been bold, and prepared the page at
http://www.gnu.org/ghm/2013/paris , already linked from
http://www.gnu.org/ghm .

As soon as we set the dates, I/we can add more information.

So, please answer as soon as possible.  Would you prefer:

a) informal meeting/hacking on Thursday 22 and Sunday 25, talks on
   Friday 23 and Saturday 24

b) informal meeting/hacking on Friday 23, talks on Saturday 24 and
   Sunday 25 (morning only).  The venue will still be available on
   Thursday as well.

We would also like to know how many people are likely to attend.  So, if
you're seriously considering this, please answer.  We'll set up official
"Registration" information later, even if I'd like to keep this side of
the organization as lightweight as possible.

If you have talk proposals, please write about that as well.

Please answer rapidly.  We want to set the dates, so that people can
make travel reservations.

Thanks,

--
Luca Saiu