Re: [Ghm-discuss] Intro animation on the GHM web page

From: Sylvain
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Intro animation on the GHM web page
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 19:56:21 +0200

Thanks for the enthousiast comments :)
A few answers:

> Very nice! :)
>
> I would add "GNU Hackers Meeting" before the url in the result of the
> 'ghm' command.

I was thinking the same today!  The whole animation is a bit
cryptic for new-comers as-is.

> BTW, what about putting the animation in the gnu.org frontpage?  An
> entry in the planet with the animation would be nice too.

Why not? :)

FYI I have something bigger in mind, but I released this first working
version early, because I know too well that a polished version is
likely to come out late, if ever.

We can use this version now and update it later on.

> I like it, but I personally found the animation too fast the
> first time I watched it.

That can be fixed.  I hesitate slowing down the typing, because
that's an accurate timestamp capture of me typing :) so that
would be less realistic maybe.  I'm thinking of a 'Play' button
so it doesn't start automatically, WDYT?

Cheers!
Sylvain