Re: [Ghm-discuss] A visit to the Paris astronomic observatory?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] A visit to the Paris astronomic observatory?
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 17:36:16 +0200

I'd be interested.  I could manage Thurs, Fri or Saturday

xx

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 04:35:03PM +0200, Luca Saiu wrote:
     Hello.

     Alain Coulais, from the GNU Data Language project, has kindly proposed
     to lead us to a visit to the Paris observatory
     (http://www.obspm.fr/?lang=en ) like we did in 2011 and with the
     possibility of actually observing something -- despite the unfavorable
     period; he says that nothing simple to understand is visible right now.

     The thing seems a little hard to organize in the afternoon because we
     finish quite late, but in the evening it might work, after dinner --
     which I guess is a better time to look at the sky anyway.

     So, let me ask Alain:

     - What time could we do this?  I don't know, is a time such as from
       22:00 or 22:30 to midnight reasonable?  We can do that if we eat soon,
       but I sincerely don't know if this would be OK for the observatory
       people.  I don't know if organizing a visit with little advance, by
       night, is normal or outrageous for you :-).
       Another possibility would be to do it soon in the evening, such as at
       20:00, but that would complicate dinner -- we've not reserved yet, but
       I don't know how many places we will find still open later in the night.

     Alain would need a list of the people interested in coming.  So,
     everybody, if you're interested please reply *to the list* as soon as
     possible saying on which nights you're available; particularly if you're
     available on Thursday (I don't know how many people will actually be
     present at the pre-meeting).

     --
     Luca Saiu
     Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net