Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2018: processing payments

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2018: processing payments
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:39:50 +0200

A few things to bear in mind:

1. If we are in effect "sharing" a bank account with another organisation, then
it does mean that payees must be very careful what they put in the comment
fields,
so that the account holder knows to whom the money belongs.  Not everyone is
careful about doing this - and indeed when sending money from outside of SEPA
countries might have no control over this.

2. Having an account with an IBAN number to which people can transfer money is
one thing.  I'm sure we can find somebody who will let us do that.
Being able to access the account statement (Umsatz) information on demand is
another.  I'm not sure that any of these organisations will let us do that,
and without it difficulties arise - for example people always insist on paying
at the last minute - which means we have to be able to check up at the last
minute whether that person really has paid.  It would be extremely inconvenient,
to have to continually email (say) the treasurer of the RFF, to find out what
deposits (if any) have been made in our favour in the last 24 hours.

3. A couple of people wanted a tax receipt for their payments.  Having a bank
accout does solve that problem.

J'

     PS: should the discussions about the organisation of GHM 2018 be done
     here or is there a separate mailing list?

Perhaps such a mailing list should be set up.

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3