Re: [glob2-devel] New terrain

From: dryad
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New terrain
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 11:55:04 +0000

On 2020-02-10 09:06, Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Hi all,

The original idea for the terrain layers was not no to use dirt, but
sand. The sand was close to water, being very humid, but not stable
enough to build on.

Besides the buildings, I was also thinking about stones. Why shouldn't they be found on sand or dirt?

Maybe we could switch sand to something like swamp (like there exists
in Settlers 2), which might make a more consistent visual metaphor
without requiring any code change.

It's just consistency indeed. Anyway we can prepare the tiles and decide. I've automated most part of the system.

What do you think? Otherwise we can do changes like you propose, but
given the work force available, such a change might be hard to achieve
in a decent time.

How many people are currently involved in this project?