glob2-ideas

Re: [Glob2-ideas] non-flat terrain

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [Glob2-ideas] non-flat terrain
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:31:04 -0400

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Quinn Yee Qin Teh <address@hidden> wrote:
How about having different height values for the terrain so that there are hills (and maybe cliffs)?

Hills:
-ground units move faster downhill, move slower uphill
-ground units and buildings can't see the other side of the hill

Cliffs:
-unpassable for ground units
-ground units and buildings can't see what's on the other side if they're on the low side of the cliff
-dynamically placed on the map if the difference between the height values of 2 adjacent tiles are above a certain threshold=

The main problem here is our graphics, the entire system is 2d and more so, its not isometric, so doing varying height would only serve to make the graphics look horrendously bad, if we could even get an artist to do them.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.