glue

Re: [discuss] Re: [Evolution] OO - GROUPWARE - Call for concluison- wa

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: [Evolution] OO - GROUPWARE - Call for concluison- was: OpenOffice: Say it isn't so.
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:52:52 -0800

> Just tossing another 2 cents in here---
>
> There's a project in the Perl community that's working now on creating
> an open iCalendar./iTIP shared calendar server. It's called Reefknot
> (http://reefknot.sourceforge.net), and we're currently in the planning
> stages--- our current project is to revise the Net::ICal module to the
> point where it's feature-complete and usable by average Perl coders.
> We'd love to have contact with other project teams to learn what you're
> doing and how you're solving problems related to shared calendaring.
> And, of course, new developers are always welcome. Please email me if
> there are any questions I can answer about our goals.
>
> srl

I think that having a real life iTIP daemon would be VERY cool. I dont
think it is a total package tho. Just as to say that IMAP does not a
groupware system make. IMAP is a piece, as is iTIP. It may very well be
that the data ends up being stored in an iTIP daemon (or a sql table...
admin choice), but there needs to be a single consitent framework that
covers IMAP, iTIP, LDAP (addresbook), etc etc...
This is what I am working on. This is the full backend for a groupware
system and it is only a piece, but it is the peice taht developer
program against.

Dan