glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] Announcing Fedora Core 6 local repository: part I

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Announcing Fedora Core 6 local repository: part I
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:38:08 +0530

Hello everybody,

I am happy to say that we now have a mirror of the Core repository for Fedora
Core 6 i386 on the GLUG-NITH server. Mirrors for the x86_64 architecture and
Extras repositories will follow in due time.

To try it out download this file:
+http://glug-nith.org/~rishi/download/fedora-core.repo and replace your
+/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo with this file.

Just to be safe I will advise you to do this before starting to use it:
# yum clean all

Oh! I just forgot. It is damn fast and it does not matter how slow the hostel
connection is.

So enjoy, and give your feedback.

Cheerio,
Debarshi