glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] Pro-E installation and support for GNU/Linux in futu

From: Manu G.V
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Pro-E installation and support for GNU/Linux in future
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:28:53 +0530

hi everyone
         I am trying to get Pro-E working in Fedora core 5/6 (Doesn't
work in Ubuntu for unknown reasons) in Mechanical Dept computer lab.
Main Pro-E license server runs on RedHat machine (domain name:
matlab.ac.in)  and even Pro-E client runs on it which gave me a hope
to get it running on fedora. License server is independent of the
client.

   It took lot of time to figure out problems and packages required.
Recently I was able to install Pro-E which doesn't work still as there
are lot of problems still. Lab assistant is very interested in
switching to GNU/Linux as he is too much worried about viruses :)

I want some people to take interest in this installation and support
stuff as there is very little time for me to teach a lot of stuff to
the lab assistant who knows very little about GNU/Linux.

   College has even got FLUENT(software for fluid analysis) for
GNU/Linux. I have even tried this and also installed but it never
worked. I will be really happy if some guys(mechies more preferable)
come up and help the growing CAD lab.
Please reply to this thread as fast as possible as I will be going for
the next Pro-E installation this monday so that I can teach and tell
what all I know.

Please help the young, growing CAD lab of our college.
--
manu