Re: [Gluster-devel] transport/ib-verbs: server: could not create SRQ

From: Mickey Mazarick
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] transport/ib-verbs: server: could not create SRQ
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:41:55 -0400

I didn't have that exact option, but I did have ibv-recv-work-request-count set to 32. I also added the ib-verbs-work-request-recv-count option as well. I've tried several values there but I still get the same error. I'm running gluter as root on a Centos 5 box upgraded to kernel 2.6.20 I actually found it here: https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=Downloading+Code+From+the+OFA+git+Repositories git link: git://git.openfabrics.org/~vlad/ofed_1_2/.git <git://git.openfabrics.org/%7Evlad/ofed_1_2/.git>

pre-patched with the latest infiniband code from openfabrics.
below is the volume spec I'm using as well.

Thanks for your help :-)

-Mic

### File: /etc/glusterfs-server.vol - GlusterFS Server Volume Specification

volume main
 type storage/posix
 option directory /mnt/gluster/main
 option debug off
end-volume

#volume main-io    #iothreads can give performance a boost
#   type performance/io-threads
#   option thread-count 8
#   subvolumes main
#end-volume

volume server
 type protocol/server
#  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
# option transport-type ib-sdp/server  # For Infiniband transport
option transport-type ib-verbs/server # For Infiniband Verbs transport
option ibv-recv-work-request-size 131072 # Higher performance if its equal t o read-ahead size
option ibv-recv-work-request-count  32
option ibv-send-work-request-size 131072 # Higher performance if its equal t o write-behind size
option ibv-send-work-request-count  32
option ib-verbs-work-request-recv-count 32

#  subvolumes main-io
subvolumes main
 option auth.ip.main.allow 192.168.*
end-volume

### END FILE ###

Anand Avati wrote:
Mickey,
what do you have as 'option ib-verbs-work-request-recv-count <count>' in the server spec file? Also, are you trying to run glusterfsd as non root? which is your distro?

thanks,
avati