[Gluster-devel] posix-locks and afr

From: Jeroen Koekkoek
Subject: [Gluster-devel] posix-locks and afr
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 18:23:11 +0200

Hi Everybody,

I'm planning on using glusterfs for the mailservers in my organisation. I
configured glusterfs to do afr on the server side e.g. the client only
connects to the localhost and the glusterfs daemon listening on the
localhost replicates the files over the network. Since I need file locking,
I used posix-lock/translator volumes and let the afr volume use the
posix-lock volumes on both hosts as subvolumes. That however doesn't work. I
can still lock the same file on both hosts at the same time.

After doing some testing I found out that if I configure the client to do
afr and use the posix-lock volumes as subvolumes in the client, fcntl
locking does work.

I'd like to know if more people ran into the same problem and if anybody has
a solution. I'd also like to know if there are downsides to my current
configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jeroen