gm-devel

[Gm-devel] Protocol issues, and more.

From: Jesse Lovelace
Subject: [Gm-devel] Protocol issues, and more.
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 16:44:25 -0500

Hi all,

I've got some questions and comments about the protocol stuff.

1st - Not all the protocols call removeNet() in their destructor, why not?
(see comment 5 before taking action)

2nd - As far as I can see, the sockets (Network *)s are never deleted, in my
client I'm doing this in the ProtocolManager destructor (otherwise I have a
HUGE memory corruption):
  list<Network *> lMyNetworkSockets = getNetsAll();

  for(list<Network *>::iterator it=lMyNetworkSockets.begin(); it !=
lMyNetworkSockets.end(); it++)
    ((wxNetwork *)(*it))->Destroy();

On this same thought,  why do we only remove the socket from event handling
and not *really* delete it in the removeNet()?

3rd - the wx client is working! woot!  TOC works great but I had to adapt
the tocprotocol a little bit.  For some reason, in the QT client if you do
multiple send_flaps() in the same function, the socket sends them as all one
big packet.  My sockets dont work this way so I added functions that
returned the flap packet as a string, cat-ed the strings together, then send
the whole thing at the end of the function.

4th - Does the yahoo or msn protocols work?  I haven't got to play with them
much but I was just wondering their status.

5th - Unfortunantly, adding removeNet() to all of the protocol's destructors
makes it impossible for me to use my above code becuase removeNet takes the
pointer out of the m_nets vector.  The only way I can see to fix this is to
actually destroy the sockets in removeNet()

jll