[Gm2] latest cvs checkin

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] latest cvs checkin
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:46:35 +0000

I've just checked in some improvements/bug fixes to gm2.
The main features are:

  *  it now can use EXPORT UNQUALIFIED in the definition module
     to allow gm2 to utilize C libraries. For example:

DEFINITION MODULE libm ;

EXPORT UNQUALIFIED sin ;

PROCEDURE sin (x: LONGREAL) : LONGREAL ;

END libm.

     providing gm2 can see the libm.def at compile time and libm.a at link time
     all is well.

  *  fixed the garbage collection problems within gm2, I believe. I tested it
     by enabling POISON in the gcc/ggc-page.c and then recompiled gm2.
     I'm currently using gcc-20001120 and the latest gm2 cvs - I'll tarball
     these two together later this week and modify the home page.

I'm currently working on improving and using Makefile.in's throughout the gm2
source tree. I'd also like to remove/fix all the warnings when gm2 bootstraps
itself
via p2c..