[Gm2] GM2 0.45 released

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] GM2 0.45 released
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:47:27 +0000

Hi,

I've just moved the GM2 version number to 0.45. This will be an
interim release - to iron out some of the undoubted bugs that will
have been introduced during the latest feature inclusion.

Basically the reason for the version increase is that GM2 now build
and installs the ULM Modula-2 libraries.

These libraries can be utilized when the -Wulm switch is invoked.
Together with the libraries is a SYSTEM.c file which is automatically
created by a shell script which in turn interrogates the result of
./configure. I've reduced the number of UNIXCALL system calls to those
needed by the ULM libraries - partially to reduce the problem set and
to aid portability. If more are needed please shout!

I've not got any ULM test code - so if any subscribers have any code
lying around - I'd be grateful if you could see whether the ULM
libraries are being compiled correctly. I've only tested against hello
world.  Although I plan on porting a simple project to use these ULM
libraries in the immediate future. Still I wanted to get these
libraries to a wider gm2 audience without further delay. (Read expect
bugs..)

Ahh yes please don't report any bugs to the University of ULM - all
bugs are likely due to GNU Modula-2 - so please email address@hidden
with any error reports.

Also note that GM2 does not yet compile/install the following ULM
modules:

           Functions.mod   RTErrors.mod    MathLib.mod   TimeIO.mod

Hopefully this will be fixed once we migrate to the gcc-3.4 source
tree. I'd also be grateful for building reports (success/failure).

Many thanks