Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 source fixing help needed

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 source fixing help needed
Date: 22 Mar 2005 08:06:52 +0000

Mad Belington <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe some of you do know the game OXYD or Per.Oxyd
> released on ATARI in the mid 80`s and later in the
> 90`s also for PC. These games are written in Topspeed
> Modula-2 language and run also on Win2k and WinXP
> systems but without sound (based on soundblaster
> cards). I am looking for some Modula-2 experienced
> programer who likes fixing this bug in Per.Oxyd.

Hi,

I'm afraid this is the first time I've heard of it.  But by googling
around it looks interesting. It would be enlightening to know which
libraries it requires. GM2 does have SVGA support, but it does not
have a TopSpeed compatible library set so one would assume the port
could be time consuming. However if you're interested in porting the
game - give it a try and don't be afraid to implement some of the
missing libraries.. or produce Modula-2 bindings for the SDL library
if you are feeling brave :-)