Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 news

From: Ed Smith-Rowland
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 news
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 20:17:36 -0400

Gaius Mulley wrote:
Hi,

As there has been little traffic on the mailing list I thought I'd
outline a few items of Modula-2 news and areas currently being worked
upon. I'm currently deep in the middle of bringing the GM2 front end
up to gcc-4.1.0. I'd like to pursue pushing into the GCC mainline tree
(although this could be some way off.. read much work :-).

Another motivation for bringing GM2 upto gcc-4.1.0 is so that GM2
can target the AVR embedded microprocessors - an area where Modula-2
should excel imho..

Also the Modula-2 language patches for gdb have been overhauled and
are about to be applied to the mainline gdb cvs tree which should
reduce the inconvenience of maintaining patches relative to gdb
versions etc.

Finally, is anyone going to the GCC developers conference in Ottawa?