[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Gm2] latest cvs changes
[Gm2] latest cvs changes
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:15:46 +0000
Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.2 (gnu/linux)
firstly great apologies for the delay in responding to many emails..
my desktop motherboard failed which disrupted email for half of the
week. I hope to catch up on many known outstanding emails on Monday.
Then later on in the week floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk had to be
In the meantime - here are the latest cvs changes. Main changes are
to fixing REAL/LONGREAL bugs in the compiler and also some of the
Logitech compatible LONGREAL -> string conversion routines. Also
included are a number of runtime regression tests to ensure that the
recent critical math related bugs reported are detected.
I've modified the
gm2/gm2-libs-pim/RealConversions.mod:LongRealToString description - to
make it easier to use and understand what results are expected. The
original definition module was not clear (to me). If anyone can
explain (maybe with examples what values the original would give
I'll happily re-implement it :-)
Finally I get a clean sweep of regression tests on LP64 Athlon Debian stable.
# of expected passes 6774
# of expected passes 6750
on Ubuntu x86_64 (Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU)
(hmm looks as if four of the regression test files have not yet been
2008-12-13 Gaius Mulley <address@hidden>
added runtime tests to check the values of REAL and
LONGREALs once converted.
* gm2/gm2-libs/FormatStrings.mod: tidied up comments.
* gm2/gm2-libs/MathLib0.def: entierl (new function).
* gm2/gm2-libs/MathLib0.mod: entierl implement
* gm2/gm2-libs/StringConvert.def: added example of
use to the comments.
* gm2/gm2-libs/StringConvert.mod: DetermineSafeTruncation
tidied up comments and added examples, fixed bugs.
* gm2/gm2-libs-pim/RealConversions.def: tided up comments
and added examples. LongRealToString and ReadToString
now take an INTEGER width which matches the Logitech
* gm2/gm2-libs-pim/RealConversions.mod: RealToString and
LongRealToString modified width parameter to take an
Reimplemented much of LongRealToString and altered its
definition to make it simpler to use.
2008-12-05 Gaius Mulley <address@hidden>
* fixed bug reported by Steve Giess <address@hidden>
which showed const+realvar was not converted to the
required REAL/LONGREAL/SHORTREAL type when passed
to a procedure.
* gm2/gm2-compiler/M2GenGCC.mod: ensure that actual
parameter are converted to formal parameter types if
they are a member of the real type family.
* testsuite/gm2/pim/run/pass/mathconst.mod: new file.
* testsuite/gm2/pim/run/pass/math.mod: new file.
* testsuite/gm2/pim/run/pass/math2.mod: new file.
* gm2/gm2-compiler/M2Base.mod: fixed MixTypes to
handle expressions of RType and (REAL|SHORTREAL|LONGREAL).
- [Gm2] latest cvs changes,
Gaius Mulley <=